Friday, January 20, 2012


It has been awhile since I posted here. It seems a little daunting when I see other people's blogs and they are such good writers  and can express their feelings so well and then there is me. But then I just have to tell myself that in all actuality this blog isn't for "others" it is for me. It is a place where I can pour out my thoughts, ideas and heart the way I do, simply and disjointed. LOL I also don't make money from my blog nor do I ever plan to so as I said, it is mine and it can just "be" how it is.

I am heading out to spend the weekend with my brother Jon, SIL Judy and nephews Ian and Ivan. I have to workout and then I am leaving right from there. I am going to stop at a Goodwill store on the way and see if I can find any treasures. I hope so. The hunt is always exciting.
The cowardly lion, from one of my favorite movies. Next to the Tinman he was my favorite. I could relate to him. A lot of my life I have been a cowardly lion. I have let fear dictate what I did and mostly what I did not do. I have slowly been gaining back my "bravery medal" but it is a struggle. I have to remember and remind myself that the courage is in me, I just have to let it out. I have to stop hiding behind my weight because that is going away. It is not an excuse to just sit on the sidelines and let life go by. I am NOT going to miss out on things anymore because I am a cowardly lion. I am going to try new things, and meet new people. One day at a time, one step at a time. Piece by piece I am putting together a new life.
Have a great weekend everyone, I know I will.




1 comment:

Donna said...

Good for you! baby steps ... me, too!