Thursday, April 3, 2014

B is for Backroads

Hello Friends....When thinking about what to write for my "b" day I had many thoughts...my first was Blessings but I figured that was so broad that I was going to break it down into other letters. The Next thing I thought about was bunnies...then Boyd's bears because I have so many of those but then I came up with Backroads.  I love to get into my car and travel around the backroads. I love seeing the surprises that these less traveled roads bring and I always have my camera along to capture the things that speak to me. I hope you enjoy my backroad pictures.


A sunrise on the way to my nephew's swim meet.

 This is right in my town ...a beautiful weeping willow with the river and bridge in the background

 A pretty sailboat on beautiful Lake Pepin.
 A barge going up river
 On a sideroad in Michigan...the beautiful great lake.
 Sunset in Mackinaw City
 At a park where Kendra's Stone House is located. I was Primitive shopping.
 The Mississippi Queen Riverboat.

Eagles in a tree

 Just thought this was a neat tree
 An old pick-up with flowers and a flag
 A beautiful doe was having a drink until I scared her away
 Cool old barn
 Amish plowing with their horses
 Amish farm and buggy

An old building  covered in snow....I almost got stuck getting this one.
Beautiful old barn

 A museum that used to be in our town

Oh yes I love the backroads and will continue to travel along them waiting for the surprises they bring me. 






6 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Morning Cindi, love traveling the back roads, so much fun. Great post and love the pictures, Blessings Francine.

Trace4J said...

I too love traveling the backroads.
They are a blessing.
Sending you a big hug friend

Holly said...

I love the back roads too! You never know what you are going to see! The barn in the snow looks like it should be a postcard. So pretty! Have a good day.

bettyj said...

Cindi I love this! I would never have thought of this, never. Loved the pictures and I too love traveling back roads. Thanks again for a beautiful post.

Raggedy Creations said...

beautiful backroad pictures. I too enjoy driving the backroads, most of the time.

Farmhouse prims said...

Love all of your beautiful pictures, they remind me of all the beauty in this country and for so much that I have to be thankful for. Hope you had a wonderful Birthday! hugs, Lecia