Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Family reunion and swap goodies...

Hello friends. Can you believe that tomorrow is the 4th of July already? It is hard to believe that the summer is going by so fast. It sure feels like summer. It has been very hot and dry for about a week and a half. Yesterday was 99 and tomorrow and Thursday we are suppose to get 100 with even more humidity. I really do not do well in this weather so haven't really been out in it a lot.
On Friday I went to Milwaukee for a family reunion. My two nephews rode with my sister and I and it was a pretty long trip for the 9 year old. He had bought some things at the Dollar Store and one activity that kept him pretty busy was balloon making, here is what he made his brother Ian and I.


We made quite a few stops also and I took these pictures at a rest area, I love flowers.


When we got there we all had a cookout at my Aunt and uncle's house. It was such good food and even better company. We all got caught up and I got some loving from the newest member of the family Liam, my cousin's baby.


On Saturday we were going to go to the zoo but it was too hot so we went to Discovery world, lots of fun there! Saturday night we went to the Brewers game. Actually pretty nice, in the shade and a nice breeze. My BFF Georgie and my nephews by the awesome jellyfish.
 My youngest nephew Ivan talking with his hero my oldest nephew Matthew.
On Sunday we celebrated my uncle's 80th birthday, here is Uncle Al with his beer stein he got.

The four of us who got the "wear black and white" memo, my cousin Heidi Ann, Me My mom and cousin Laura.
The oldest and youngest of the Luddy Buddy cousins, me and Laura.
It was a great weekend being with family. I can't wait until March when we are all together again. 


When I got home Sunday night there was a package waiting on my doorstep. Even though I was pretty tired I tore into it and found so many fun things that Dorothy from Paws for Stitching. I got a watermelon with a cute rusty star on it, love it! I got the neat flower tucks, I got the awesome towel which went in my kitchen right after I took this picture. and a beautiful quilted candle mat. That's not all. I also got the cute wooden Americanna heart and the flag. Thank you so much Dorthy!





5 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Hello Cindi, your family reunion looks like a blast, family time is the best!!! Love seeing all the pictures of you and family, also you wearing your ballon hat, tee hee. You sure got some great swap goodies from Dorothy,yey!! Happy July 4th, enjoy and stay cool,Blessings Francine.

BumbleBeeLane said...

You have such a lovely family.Soo blessed to be able to have those bonds and love...Hmmm love your silly bunny ears..smile...Your gifts from Dorothy look like they were worth the wait.The Watermelon is neat,would be perfect with a bear or doll for summer or in a old wood bowl.Have a wonderful 4th!~Amy

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

Hi Cindi! Your reunion looked wonderful--our family is very small and there are no more reunions now. I love the pic of your two nephews together--looks like the youngest is asking the oldest for some advice!! It's so nice you keep the tradition of family getting together going. You got some very nice gifties!! Could they be any more summery!?! :)--Jan

frontporchprims said...

Good 4th July morning Cindi!! What a fun time spent with the family. That is one cute baby there:) I have one that is nearly 9 and she would loooovveee balloon making. That's a great idea, I think I will try it for one of those boring summer days. Everyone looks so lovely in their black and white. What a pretty picture. You have a great family. Dorthy sent some fun summer things. I love the American flag. Just in time for today:)
Wishing you a wonderful holiday my friend. -Steph-

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Happy 4th Cindi!!!
What a lovely family and it looks like you all had a wonderful time!!!
So nice to spend time with family!!!
Wonderful goodies you got! Enjoy!
Wishing you a fun filled day!
Prim Blessings
Robin