Saturday, July 28, 2012

Nephew Vacation

Hello my friends! Coming home from vacation is definitely bittersweet for me. It is always a great time, especially spending time with my nephews and sister but it is nice getting home to your own bed, not having to eat out all of the time and getting back into a routine.We got home on Tuesday after being on the road for 9 and a half hours. I didn't do much that night. On Wednesday I unpacked, did laundry, went grocery shopping and fun stuff like that. Thursday I worked all day and then yesterday my sister and I took a little shopping trip. I don't think I am totally recuperated but I did have time to visit your blogs, I really missed that while I was gone.
I was totally excited when I got back and read an email that said I had won one of Brenda's birthday giveaways. I won the Santa pocket. These will be the first holiday that I decorate in prim so I have nothing, this will be a good start on Christmas! I also ordered some of her candy corn and pumpkins so now I will have a start on fall things too,  Thanks Brenda!

OK now onto my mini vacation. It might get boring so you can stop reading here! LOL As I said it was a nephew vacation...my sister and I took my 3 youngest nephews ages 14, 13 and 9 to Kansas City and then onto St. Louis. We are big baseball fans so we go to KC to see the Minnesota Twins play the Kansas City Royals. It was really interesting traveling and staying in the same room with 3 boys, especially the 2 teenagers! All of the boys had some of their own spending money. My youngest nephew though it was great to have his own money. At the first stop we made, only 2 hours into the trip he came walking up to the register with a Red Bull energy drink. I know for a fact he has never had one before but I am sure he must have seen it on TV. Being the mean Auntie I am I said no he couldn't get it, I mean just what we would need for another 6 hours in the car, him with Red Bull in his system! LOL

This is a picture of us all ready on Friday night at the ballpark, as you can tell we are all Twins fans. Yes Ivan's hair is blue for the Twins! LOL
The weather was pretty good that night only about 95 and a nice breeze. The highlight is we got there early enough that the boys could go down close to the field and one of the players threw a ball to my youngest nephew, he was pretty happy about that.
The next day we took the boys to Arthur Bryants. They all love ribs and this is one of the best places to get them. Here they are enjoying the food.

Saturday night we went to a game also but it was about 102 and the Twins were losing so we left after the 7th inning. They had won on Friday night!
Sunday we got up and headed to St. Louis. The back seat was full of fun and sleeping. Thank goodness they had a dvd player and could watch movies.
When we got to St. Louis we had some swimming and pool time, went out for supper and then just spent the night in the room.


On Monday we went to the Gateway Arch. What an awesome experience that was. We all enjoyed it a lot although riding to the top kinda freaked me out which my enjoyed so much, telling me we were going to crash and fun things like that! It was really hot that day, 102 waiting in line.
It was neat though, a really beautiful sight and the westward expansion museum inside was very cool.
Here is the baseball stadium from the top of the Arch. My sister and the boys went to the game that night but it got up to 194 and I got overheated so I stayed in the hotel room, good decision on my part.
Then on Tuesday we headed home. Lots of sleeping that day, even Mr Red Bull himself sleeping on his big brother.
Well there you have it. It was a great time. The only bad thing is that my nephew Logan was coughing a lot so when he got home they took him to the doctor and he tested positive for whooping cough. He is fine but we all had to get shots and are on antibiotics, thanks for sharing Logan! LOL
Well that is it..thanks for reading. have a great rest of your weekend.



11 comments:

BumbleBeeLane said...

You all look like you had a blast.Hmmm thought whopping cough was just babies learn something everyday..I was so happy when you won Brenda's santa pocket because I knew you were just getting into prims and didn't have alot of holiday stuff yet.Her work is wonderful,you'll love it.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Raymond Homestead said...

Glad you had a great time Cindi and made it back home safely! What a bummer about the whooping cough. Congratulations on winning one of Brenda's giveaways!

Pendleton Primitives said...

The heat Cindi! How on earth do you do it? I would be dying. It looks like y'all had a blast and the big guy even got a ball which is always a treasure!! Whooping cough is nasty stuff but glad y'all will get over it and hopefully soon. Also, you must post Holiday photos of your home when you have it all decorated for Christmas!

~Christina

Katy said...

Sounds like a ton of fun...well except for the heat UGH!! Smart call on the Red Bull ;) Did it really reach 194 degrees? And I thought Arizona was bad. THAT'S really hot LOL Oh..and congrats on the win. Love Prims too :)

jody said...

oh cindi! what a wonderful bonding vacation you had! family is soo soo important to me and i tell my beautiful nephews..9 in all that i love them always.. my daughter is the only girl out of 12 grandbabes and 3 great grandsons too. your sister and nephews are lovely! and yes i think you were a good auntie saying no to the red bull! i cant believe how well you all look for being so hot i would have melted. glad you decided to bale out the one day and stay in. wonderful pictures and wonderful time! i love primitive! so glad you are enjoying it to. its fun to find things at thrift shops and garage sales too to decorate with. have you seen the magazine the simple life? soo prim. enjoy your day cindi and thanx so much for bogging with me! hot and humid again today.... in lovely mn!

Primitive Stars said...

Hello Cindi, oh sounds like a great holiday my friend, wonderful pictures of all of you. Love the blue hair, how cute. To hot, wow, but good time had by all I see. Congrats on the Santa pocket, Brenda makes wonderful prim goodies. Bad ole whopping cough, so glad he went to the doctor, thanks for sharing your holiday, play ball!!, Blessings Francine.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Great interference on the Red Bull! Wise woman! Congratulations on your win! And hope Logan is feeling better soon! You all looked like you had a fun trip! Thanks for sharing!

Blessings,
Tammy

frontporchprims said...

Cindi, that looks like it was a fantastic vacation with your nephews. I bet they just had a blast and will remember it for thier whole lives. What a special Auntie you are:) Baseball, ribs, swimming, and big buildings. What more can you ask for? Congrats on your win from Brenda. She makes amazing things. Last Christmas was my first year decorating prim. It was fun making new things and trying to get stuff just right. It did look a little funny half prim and half.....whatever you call it:) You will have fun this Christmas too. And Fall......that's coming up:) Have a great evening. -Steph-

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

Cindi--sounds like you packed a lot of fun into your trip! Congrats on your win--Brenda makes the best goodies! Sorry about the whooping cough--I have heard a lot about it going around lately. Isn't it nice to get home and get back into your normal routine? Have a great week--Jan

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Cindi...what a fun post.
I love reading all about families that do things together and this was the greatest!!!
What a great looking family - but I'm with you on vacationing...it's always the best feeling to be home no matter how much fun we have had.
Blessings,
karen

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a fun trip...fun for everyone! And tiring, too! But it sure is nice to make good memories!