Saturday, September 18, 2010

Happy Fall y'all!

"Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. ~Stanley Horowitz

Today my hometown started our second annual SeptOberfest. It is a celebration of our German heritage and also of Autumn. All of the street light posts are decorated on Main street with cornstalks, silk leaves and flowers, pumpkins and squash. The park under the bridge is now called the Pumpkin Patch and it is decorated with all sorts of things including pumpkin topiaries that people decorated for a contest. Every way into town is decorated with scarecrows and bales of hay and stuff like below, it is a lot of work that a lot of people volunteered and it looks great. It was a cloudy and cool first day but when it gets nicer I will take more pictures.


I love fall and love that my town is all decorated for it, it is also neat because now more people around town do the decorations for fall instead of Halloween which I think is better too. The weather sure has felt like fall the last couple of days. Today we didn't even get out of the 50's, brrrrrrr, it is a little early for that kind of chilliness! LOL

After work today I went out and spent some time with my mom, she is still really weak but I think she looks a lot better and I had her walk for me and I think she is even walking better. Sometimes it is hard to see the progress in yourself but I see it. It sure is good to have her home and I am so thankful everything is alright!
I guess that is about it. Have a fabulous rest of the weekend and "HAPPY FALL Y'ALL!"

3 comments:

♥Frann♥ said...

SO LOVELY UR BLOG ^-^

Judy said...

Cindi, your decorated town sounds so beautiful!! I can't wait to see more pictures.

BRRRR is right - the 50's??? :-) Way too early to be 'that' chilly!

I hope your Mom gets stronger every day Cindi. Praying for her & for you. Love you!

AliceMum said...

Okay Cindi..tomorrow is officially the first day of Fall and you can really celebrate!! I will finally use my Fall sigtags and graphics..but it's going to be in the 80's here and that makes me happy!! I agree with Judy the 50's is much too cool for September!! Love you!!