Monday, September 24, 2012

Pinned It Made It Monday

Today I am again joining Tammy's  Pinned it Made It Monday challenge.
I pinned these cute luminaries from http://thimbleanna.com. I thought they  were really cute.
I really didn't want the glitter or the paint on the outside so I thinned out my paint and rolled it around the inside of the jar. I then shook it, shook it and shook it some more. I turned the jars upside down on wax paper to let them dry...for two days! I then attempted to paint the faces on them...as you can tell I am no artist and it all went down hill from there.  I didn't have any cute black and orange ribbon so I put some homespun around the top. I am not sure if I will salvage these or not. Maybe I will put burlap around the top instead. Who knows. I did pin it and I did make it, just not successfully. Here are mine.

Yeah not liking them at all...good for a laugh though. Have a great week! 


5 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I think they are cute and they will be awesome lit!

Primitive Stars said...

Hello Cindi, oh they are sweet, what a great idea, they would look so neat hanging in the trees all lite up. Great job,thanks for sharing, Blessings Francine.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Cindi,

I think they're so cute! You did much better painting faces than I would! I like the homespun touch.

Thanks for participating in Pinned it Made it Monday!

Have a great week! :)
Tammy

Karen said...

Are you kidding?! :) They turned out great! They are so cute! I think you did a very nice job :)

Pendleton Primitives said...

Cindi,

They are adorable! Will you put tea lights in them?

~Christina