Friday, June 22, 2012

Friday Finds...

Happy Friday friends!  I hope you are all ready for a fantastic weekend! Today the weather here in Minnesota was PERFECT! The sky was my favorite color of blue and it was dotted with big fluffy cotton candy like white clouds. The sun was shining, there was a slight breeze, the temps were about 80 degrees and the humidity was low. The day was so fantastic that I decided to go for a drive, well the drive took me to thrift stores and a garage sale and I think I found some great things. I collect Boyd's Bears and it was a beary good day for that! At the first store I went to, Salvation Army I found these three cuties for only 5 dollars for one and 3 for the other two. OK one is a moose I know but it is made by Boyd's.
At the Good will store I found this neat distressed  bowl thingie, for the life of me I can't think of the name,(old timers). I am making some rag balls out of homespun to put into it. The bowl was only $2.00!

Then on the way home I stopped at a garage sale and found another Boyd's bear and a Boyd's snowman for $1.00 each. I was so excited. I also bought the little basket for 50 cents.
When I got home I finished the firecrackers I made so I thought I would show you those also, they didn't turn out too bad.
Well there you have my Friday finds. Sometimes you just luck out! Have a great weekend everyone!
Be blessed.


11 comments:

BumbleBeeLane said...

Cindi~ I used to work for boyds,loved seeing all the differnt ones.I still have some of their salesman artist samples that the artist would submit and boyds would tweak them, discard the idea or put it into production.They started out making Reproduction antique wood decoys in our small town back in the early 80's.I was a teenager then and remember my girlfriends mom would take the big swan decoys home and hand paint each one.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Primitive Stars said...

Hello Sweet Friend, oh my you found some great Boyd Bears, love the moose.Also, great find in the trencher,I would scoop that up for sure. Your fire crackers turned out wonderful,great job!!! Enjoy the weekend, Blessings Francine.

Gail said...

Glad you had a great day with great finds. Guess you were meant to be out and about that day. By the way, that is the biggest fan I've ever seen in your first picture!

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

Hi Cindi! You really hit the jackpot for Boyd's Bears! I love the little snowman one . My favorite one of the few I have is a little brown bear with an antler hoodie. :)Great job on the firecrackers!!--Jan

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Great finds~ just love Boyd's
smiles
Teresa

~Sara said...

Such great finds! You are getting quite a collection. Cute moose!! I have a cabinet full of Boyd's and Vermont Teddy Bears. Fun. Blessings ~Sara

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Wonderful finds ~ of course I'm loving the Boyds!!!
Wonderful job on the firecrackers!!!
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Donna said...

OH MY! I need to go shopping with you, LOL!
What great finds and great deals!
I know I've said it before, but I really do love your decor. :)

frontporchprims said...

Good morning!! I think the Boyds are so cute. I used to collect them about 12 years ago. I have a few of my favorites left. They are so cute. Your firecrackers turned out great. Good job. I'll be making some rag balls myself this week. Good luck. -Steph-

Trace4J said...

I too love BOYDS!
They always make me smile.
Great finds.
Have a good day
Hugs Trace


www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Farmhouse prims said...

Your bears are so cute, love your firecrackers and bowl you distressed! hugs, Lecia