Friday, February 3, 2012

Midnight Stalker...

I admit it I am a total night owl. I am at my best starting at about 9pm until about 2am. It usually is ok because I am just in my craft/computer room doing my own thing`and sometimes I am cleaning but just the quiet things no vacuuming. Sometimes however I will be on the computer and usually on Pinterest and see an idea I just HAVE to do. This has happened to me twice this week. First off I was browsing and I saw someone had made a centerpiece using dogwood branches. They were so pretty, all red and I though oh that would be so neat for Valentine's Day. SO I jumped in my car and just went around town looking in somewhat wooded areas for a dogwood tree or bush, whatever they are. Needless to say it was dark and I didn't get very far on that journey. The next day I decided to go looking again and tah dah I found one down by the river. Well there was too much traffic around so I first went out to my dad's garage and got a pruning clipper thingamagig and then waited until my prime time! I get in my car at about 11pm and down by the river I go. Here I am cutting branches off of a dogwood tree/bush in the middle of the night. I am sure if anyone saw me they would have called the police just because they would think I was crazy, I was, crazy for dogwood branches! I got them home, put them in a vase and then put conversation hearts around the outside of the vase for filler, it is so cute! I will share a picture when I get my camera back from my parents. I am sure you will all agree with me it was well worth the risk! Then last night it really wasn't one certain idea it was just the urge to go and treasure hunt in my apartment's basement. I have lived here for 5 years and I have NEVER been down there but I just felt something tugging me down there. So last night at 1am (oh I guess that would be this morning) There I am down in the pretty dark and musty basement "just looking" until tah dah...a whole shelf of canning jars. There were some ball ones and I am not sure but I think they are older. I know they weren't anyone's that live there now because the tops were all rusted and there were a lot spider webs on them. So I just had to rescue some of them. I brought them up to my apartment and I had some rust remover so I got the covers off and then soaked the tops of the jars in that and got almost all of the rust off. Now I am going to use them to put buttons and stuff in for my crafts. So there are two of my most recent midnight stalker stories. Hope you enjoyed them!




2 comments:

Donna said...

I'm a night owl, too. I have to force myself to go to bed before midnight or I won't be any good for the family the next morning, LOL.

Katy said...

Oh fun Cindi. Pinterest has re-motivated me again too. I can't wait to see your jar finds and your Valentines tree! I am addicted to old jars.