Monday, November 30, 2015

Ornament Swap and Thanksgiving

Hello friends...It again has been awhile since I have blogged...Life happens, daily events, some small excitements, some small tears but it just seems like life, day by day, not a lot to share or write about. Maybe it is just a block I have but as I say each time, I will try to get better. It is hard to believe it is almost December. I am so excited to entering this time of year. It is so full of love and sharing and family time.

We had a great Thanksgiving. Most of the family were together and we all shared what we were Thankful for, had a delicious meal and shared many stories and laughs. Everyone went home Friday evening so I have been decorating this weekend. I have a very sore foot so I am doing it just a little at a time.

I am so excited to share that we are suppose to get a plowable snowstorm starting tomorrow and going into Tuesday. I love all of the Christmas decorations when there is snow on the ground. It is also good because I don't have to travel to babysit until Wednesday so it is perfect timing for me.

I have been watching the Christmas ornament swap that Amy at Bumblebee Lane has hosted each year. I was always so impressed with the ornaments that people made for this but I never thought I could make anything as good so I never joined. Well this year I bit the bullet and decided to join in, I am so happy I did.

Here are the oh so beautiful ornament I received....
From Amy I got this awesome star with a pocket full of beauty. Thank you so much Amy!
 I got this adorable wool snowman mitten from Sandi at The Primitive Skate. Thank you Sandi!
 I also got this sweet little cross stitch tree from Diane at Cottage Wishes. Thank you Diane!
And last but certainly not least I got this cute pocket with a snowman and fillings from Becky at Ginger Creme Hollow. Thanks Becky!

I am so in awe of the beautiful work that you all put into these! I can't wait to put them on my tree!

Well that is all for now! Have a great week everyone! Be blessed!


5 comments:

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Cindi, so glad you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
I love love all of your ornaments, they are all so beautiful and special. hugs, Lecia

Primitive Stars said...

Hello Cindi, so nice to see a post from you. Glad you enjoyed a family Thanksgiving and we also have snow on the ground. I love your sweet ornies, all are adorable.Hugs Francine.

Christine said...

Hi Cindi sorry to hear you have a sore foot. Sure hope it gets better soon!
Well done you for joining the swap! Your items are all precious! I love them & know you do too! Have a great week!

The Country Nest said...

Cindi, I love all your sweet gifts and thanks for sharing how you decorate...I always kinda do the whole thing and am realizing everyone seems to complete a room or area at a time and I am going in circles. hmmmm I feel some changes coming.
Donna

Denise * KKL Primitives said...

What wonderful ornies you received in the swap!
We haven't gotten any snow yet in PA- not even flurries. In fact the weekend forecast is a high of 60 - so unusual here at this time of the year. Hope we at least get flurries for Christmas!

Merry Christmas!